Buying a Car
What to consider when purchasing a new or used vehicle.
Is your current vehicle on borrowed time? In need of a car that can accommodate a growing family? Ready to splurge on your dream ride? Do your homework before you go to the dealership.
Plan ahead before you shop.
- Prepare and refine your wish list of vehicle features
- Figure out how much you are comfortable spending on a monthly car payment and commit to a price point that you are not willing to go above
- Apply for a free pre-approval so you know how much you are eligible to borrow (this can also give you some added leverage when negotiating at a dealership)
- Take advantage of our CUDL AutoSmart service for added shopping convenience
Prepare for additional expenses.
- Be ready to cover costs for the vehicle’s registration and inspection
- Adjust your budget to accommodate more frequent fill-ups if your new vehicle will be less fuel efficient
- Consider the costs of vehicle insurance, including GAP and MRC options