American Heritage Credit Union Hosts Three Blood Drives; Estimated 330 Lives Saved
American Heritage Credit Union, in partnership with the American Red Cross, recently hosted three blood drives, which featured more than 110 donors each donating a pint of blood. Based on American Red Cross estimates, as many as 330 lives will be
saved as a result of these blood donations.
American Heritage opened several of its Community Room locations at local branches to the American Red Cross, where they hosted community blood drives. Blood drives were held at American Heritage’s Quakertown, Horsham and Northeast Philadelphia
Main Campus locations. The American Red Cross has implemented several precautions based on CDC guidelines which further ensured the safety of donors, American Heritage and American Red Cross staff.
“This support from American Heritage Credit Union will ensure the Red Cross can maintain a sufficient supply of blood and plasma to help local patients in need,” said Guy J. Triano, Regional CEO for the American Red Cross Southeastern Pennsylvania.
“Our country is facing a severe blood shortage,” stated Foulke. “We were pleased to offer the ongoing use of our Community Room spaces to the American Red Cross so that they have greater capacity to keep our region’s blood
supply stable. We are deeply appreciative of our associates, members and those in the community who have participated in our blood drives, and ultimately have saved lives.”
For those who still wish to donate blood, potential donors can visit www.redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767. All American Red Cross donor sites follow several CDC-approved guidelines including a wellness check of temperature and a screening, sanitizing procedures, and social distancing guidelines.
About American Heritage Credit Union COVID-19 Support Efforts:
American Heritage has provided several dozen support and relief programs for its 200,000+ local members in the wake of COVID-19, including:
- Comprehensive COVID response page.
- Hosting American Red Cross Blood Drives at their Horsham branch, Quakertown branch and Red Lion Road headquarters locations.
- 50,000 Personal Protective Equipment Facemasks donated to fourteen local Workplace Partner hospitals.
- Waiving late fees on all late loan payments.
- Skip-A-Pay options and other relief for loans.
- Surcharge-free ATMs for the entire public at all American Heritage locations.
- Fee waivers for access to Certificates and other minimum balances.
- Live video tellers and full transactional ability at our Personal Automated Teller (PAT) machines; American Heritage was one of the first local institutions providing live video tellers.
- Full online banking and mobile app transactional abilities.
- Member Relief loans.
- SBA Payroll Protection Program loans.
About American Heritage Credit Union
American Heritage Credit Union is a $2.9 billion, member-owned financial cooperative serving more than 800 Workplace Partners and more than 200,000 members, with more than 35 locations across Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, and Camden Counties. Founded in 1948, American Heritage Credit Union is now one of the 100 largest credit unions in the United States and has been named a Best-in-State Credit Union by Forbes for two consecutive years. For more information about American Heritage Credit Union please visit AmericanHeritageCU.org.