First Front Door Program
Let American Heritage Help You Become a First-Time Homeowner!
With the First Front Door grant program, American Heritage works with FHLBank Pittsburgh to assist first-time homebuyers with the closing costs and down payment for their new home. For every $1 of contribution you make, the Bank will provide $3 in grant assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000!
Get pre-approved today and automatically apply for our First Front Door Program!
How do I qualify?
- To be eligible for grant assistance, each homebuyer must satisfy the following:
- Be a first-time homebuyer: not owned a home as a single person within the past three years.
- Contribute personal funds as part of the down payment and closing costs.
- Have an income at or below 80 percent of the area median income at the time of enrollment in the program. For information on state income limits visit the Department of Housing and Urban Development site.
- Not be a student working fewer than 30 hours per week.
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling from an approved counseling agency prior to the purchase of the home. The topic of predatory lending must be included in the counseling.
- Not receive more than $250 cash back at loan closing.
- Retain the home for five years from the loan closing date to keep the full amount of the grant.
Does my home qualify?
Qualified first-time home buyers can use FFD grants toward closing costs and down payment assistance on eligible properties that are intended as the primary residence of the homebuyer at the time of program enrollment. These properties include single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums and modular units. Manufactured homes may be eligible if they are permanently affixed to a site. Investment properties are not eligible for FFD assistance.
How do I get started?
This program is formally available on March 16, 2020
- Apply for a mortgage and you'll automatically apply for the grant with the same application. Or give us a call at 800.808.2662 to speak with a mortgage professional.
- We'll work with you to complete your application for the program.
- We'll submit your completed application.
- Your application will be processed within 10 business days.
- Within 6 months, you must complete your homeownership counseling and purchase your new home. You will apply your FFD grant at settlement.
Do You Offer Member Discounts on Realty Services?
Yes! American Heritage Realty is a real estate firm owned and operated by the team you trust at American Heritage. Take advantage of the expert advice, mortgage options and market analytic tools that will help you walk into your new home.
- We will support you each step of the way as you:
- Sell your home
- Find the right home
- Negotiate your offer
- Guide you through the home-buying process
- Settle quickly so you can get moving
- Earn up to a 10% Cash Reward* with our Home Connection Program
Learn more about our Home Connection Program or call (855) 525-7900 for additional information.
Want to start looking for a home? Visit the American Heritage Realty website.