Saving & Budgeting
Build a plan for long-term success.
In order to be financially savvy, you need to have a savings plan and budget in place to help guide your money-related decisions. Review budgeting and saving basics as you build your plan or reevaluate an existing one.
- Create a realistic budget that you can stick to.
- Overestimate expected costs to be safe, and then put any leftover funds right into savings.
- Pay yourself first to make saving each month a habit.
- Ensure your savings can grow in a safe place - and take advantage of high interest-earning options when possible.
- Expect the unexpected and make sure your savings can handle surprise costs.
- Set specific and attainable financial goals that will keep you on track.